Bibliographical of Aheon
Aheon (Hall for Less Words)‘Aheon’ is the hanging wooden plaque in the possession of the head house of Kim Eungjo (1587-1667, pen name Haksa) in Orok Village, Mula-myeon, Bonghwa-gun. The term ‘Aheon’ was a second pen name of Kim Eungjo, suggesting his resolution to utter less words. After he resigned from office at age 48 in 1634, Kim returned to the country in Galsan area, Yeongju and built a three bay house upon the south crag (Namae) above his main abode. The whole house was named ‘Namae Jeongsa’ (Namae Study Hall) with two rooms named ‘Myeongjae’ (Night Room) and a wooden-floored hall named ‘Aheon’ (Hall for Less Words).The calligraphy letters were written in the square style by an unknown hand. In the small hanging wooden plaque, two small characters neatly rest. They are surrounded by spacious margins, which are not empty but occupied by the presence of silence.